About Me

My photo
Hello..I am Dr. Pinki Purkayastha, Chandrani is my other name.I am an Environmental Scientist by profession...I love to write articles, poems, stories and dramas tooo.....
Blogger Widgets

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Firefly

This poem is on insects........

Firefly Faeries
© Tracy Cardinet


Luminescent lullabies, fireflies in the night,
Fill the sky with wonderment, each miniature lamplight.
Bright yellow-green, lustrous sheen, flitting to and fro,
I wonder if fireflies ever have no place to go.

Beating wings of faerie dreams, magical and rare,
Do fireflies fly with eyes wide open, in a random stare?
Elliptical, iridescent light bulbs on their backs,
I think I'd be but half amazed, if I knew all the facts.

To me, they are small sentinels, for bigger faerie folk,
Guiding lights when night puts on her dark-blue, velvet cloak.
Creatures creep, from out of shadows, when the moon is new,
Firefly faeries light the way. They know just what to do!

I would try to catch one in a jar, when just a tot,
Lightning bugs, we called 'em then. Gosh, there were a lot!
Dancing on the firmament or skimming over rocks,
Bug or faerie, they are very beautiful to watch.


Insect Poems Firefly Faeries ..collected from..http://www.poetryinnature.com/nature/poetry.asp?poem=1798

No comments:

Post a Comment