About Me

My photo
Hello..I am Dr. Pinki Purkayastha, Chandrani is my other name.I am an Environmental Scientist by profession...I love to write articles, poems, stories and dramas tooo.....
Blogger Widgets

Friday, May 14, 2010

The Lost Glory

To Mother Nature that nurtures our lives
 
The life of serene nature lives
Through the years of beauty in wild;
Much fresh, young and colorful
As long as the humans are away.

By a chance of naughty sight
Gain access to woods of quietness;
Disturb the green valley of wonder
Leaving aside the footprints in thick.

With species of rare now bare
Vicious humans shower wickedness;
Mingled with a view of trade
Towards a march for anti-green.

Very soon, within a decade
Would appear a deserted stretch;
Once that was a carpet of nature
Recovers never again in future.

What is left to garland the land
Is only a glimpse of dry sand;
Much to hear from its tears
The reminiscence of lost glory.
Copyright ©2007 Selvaraj Chandrasekar
Collected from
http://www.contentwriter.in/articles/poems/lost-glory.htm

2 comments:

  1. Hi Chandrani,

    Season's greetings. Nice to see my poety at your blog. I enjoyed writing this poem because after you read and re-read, you tend to hear a voice of nature echoing in your mind. Such has been the effect of this poetry.

    A father from Amristar wrote to me if he could download my poem for his son. Later the next day he sent an mail stating that his son had won first prize in school poetry recitation contest about NATURE.

    My poetry, 'The Lost Glory', 'From the heart' and 'Towards Peace' were selected in the US to be recorded as song for album titled 'Songs of Soul' in 2007.

    Thanks for reproducing my poetry. Let the first line of intro 'To Mother Nature that nurtures our lives' be in different color in italics and a line space below.

    About me: With a PG in Science and Business Admin., I have around 18 years of experience and currently Head -HR with a leading construction company in Chennai. I am a contributing author for ICFAI University HRM journals, Business Manager and The Hindu.

    Regards
    S.Chandrasekar

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry for delayed reply.. thank u so much... actually it is grt to talk with the original writer of the poem.. that poem attracted me so much that i posted it here :) keeping ur name and copyright,,, superb creation of u... just want to tell u , it shows ur concern about mother nature.... sure, i will change the colour and font type of first line.

    ReplyDelete